SAEINDIA Collegiate Club
SAEINDIA is India's leading resource for mobility technology. As an individual member-driven society of mobility practitioners the ownership of SAEINDIA wrests with its members who are Individuals from the mobility community, which includes Engineers Executives from Industry, Government Officials, Academics and Students
SAEINDIA is a strategic alliance partner of SAE International registered in India as an Indian non-profit engineering and scientific society dedicated to the advancement of mobility industry in India.
Our Institute has joined as an Institutional member of RIT SAEINDIA Collegiate Club in 2014. We have started with student members of more than 65 students from Mechanical engineering Department. Now we have 120 Student members and 11 Professional members in Mechanical engineering Department.
Our Institute actively contributing to the SAEINDIA events by organizing various events in Tier I level like Aero modelling contest, welding, sheet metal, Tech Quiz, Technical Paper presentation, CNC Programming, etc. Our student members have participated Tier 2 level events conducted by various institutions.
Faculty Advisor of RIT SAEINDIA Collegiate ClubDr.S.Rajakarunakaran, Professor and Head/Mechanical
• SAEINDIA Tier 1 Aero Model Competition was organized on 04.07.15. The flying aero modelling contest was conducted in two rounds. Second year Mechanical Engineering students Ajay Balaji and Balaji got First Prize and Third year Cibiraj and Muthu Ganesh got Second Prize.
• J.Mohammed Jassim, K.Venkadesh and C.Ilangathir Third year Mechanical Engineering students attended Engineering New Entrepreneurs (ENE) program conducted by SAEINDIA Southern section Chennai Institute of Technology on 27th July 2015.
• M.B.Vyas Narayana and T.Abin Baby Third Year Mechanical Engineering attended SAEINDIA TREK Program conducted by PET Engineering College on 1st and 2nd of 2015.
• R.Cibiraj and B.Muthu Ganesh, Third Year Mechanical Engineering students have attended Open House Meeting- SAE International Aero Space Team organized by SAEINDIA Office, Chennai on 19th December 2015.
• Balaji K, Dinesh Kumar B, Esakki Raja P, Gowtham Raj S, Harish P, Harish Kumar G K (III Year), Senthilkumar P, Shanmugham S (II Year) of Mechanical Engineering students participated in SAE- Aero modelling Competition at Vellore Institute of Technology from 23.09.2016 to 24.09.2016.
• II Year Mechanical Engineering Students attended Tier I, II, III Event (Sheet Metal, Mechanical Engineering Design, CNC Turning, CNC Milling, Auto Quiz, Group Discussion) organized by RIT SAEINDIA Collegiate Club from 02.03.2017 to 03.03.2017.
SAEINDIA KRT & SAE STUDENT TREK
• Mr.S.Valai Ganesh and Mr.J.Jabinth, AP/Mechanical participated in SAEINDIA Southern Section conducted KRT & SAE Students Trek hosted by Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai at Yarcaud Hills, Salem District on 2nd and 3rd September 2017. Members of SAEINDIA Southern Section of various organizations participated in the event and made the program a grand success.
RIT SAEINDIA BAJA TEAM
The BAJA SAE Series is an event for the undergraduate engineering students, organized globally by the Society of Automotive Engineers, USA. The event originated in the name of Mini - BAJA, in the year 1976 at University of Carolina. Since then, the event has spanned across six countries – USA, Mexico, South Africa, Korea, Brazil and India. The BAJA SAE tasks the students to design, fabricate and validate a single seater four - wheeled off road vehicle to take part in series of events spread over a course of 3 days that test the vehicle for the sound engineering practices that have gone into it, the agility of the vehicle in terms of gradability, speed, acceleration and manoeuvrability characteristics and finally its ability to endure that back breaking durability test.
We have registered for SAE BAJE competion organized by SAEINDIA.
• RIT BAJA Team attended All- Terrain Vehicle design for virtual BAJA SAE India 2016 Competition organized by Christ Univerity, Bangalore from 24.06.2016 to 25.06.2016.
SPIRITZ- VIRTUAL BAJA 2017
The Virtual BAJA SAEINDIA is a filtration criterion,through which all the registered teams are scrutinized for their knowledge and capability to participate successfully in the main event.The Virtual BAJA SAEINDIA acts as a pre-qualifier to participation in the BAJA SAEINDIA event.
The objectives of the Virtual BAJA Event are as follows:
1. To acquaint the teams completely with the objectives of the BAJA SAEINDIA event.
2. The teams are required to familiarize themselves with the technical guidelines and limits for the design of BAJA vehicle.
3. To design the complete CAD Model of the BAJA Vehicle.The design should be complete in all respects to the extent of being considered ready-to-manufacturing.In 2018 BAJA the 388 teams are registered for the Virtual BAJA from that the 364 teams are attended on that day.Virtual BAJA SAEINDIA 2017 hosted at CHITKARA UNIVERSITY Patiala,Punjab -140401 during 14.07.2017-15.07.2017.