INDIAN SOCIETY FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System.
Our Institute has joined as Institutional member of ISTE in the year 2014. At present our institute has a very large and an effective membership base consisting of more than 100 life members and 1651 student members. RIT-ISTE Faculty and Student Chapter was inaugurated by Dr.Raghu.V.Prakash, Professor, IIT Madras on 20.02.2015.
The major objective of the ISTE is to provide quality training programmes to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity and to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organisations.
Benefit of ISTE Membership
- Member of a National Professional Organization.
- Joined an academic Fraternity of over 45,000 strong professional.
- Preference to attend short-term training programme for the academic excellence and to become eligible for career advancement opportunities.
- Many more publications for Self Development, Institution Development,etc. (at Concessional rates).
- Eligible to participate in Chapter level, Section level and National level Conferences, Workshops and other activities of your academic interest etc.
Code of Conduct for ISTE Members
- Members should at all times preserve the dignity and interest of the profession and of the Society by maintaining a high standard of professional and personal conduct;
- They should work in the best interest of the Society;
- They should neither engage in personal advertisement, nor canvas for an appointment, nor take any action which is detrimental to sister Institutions;
- They should at all times endeavour to establish and maintain the best possible conditions of service for their colleagues and other staff;
- When a Member represents the Society, he should as far as possible state the policy of the Society. If he has any disagreement with a policy of the Society, he may so inform the Society. The Executive Council will then decide the further course of action (including the question of the Societys representation) that is to be taken.
- Where, having regard to this Code of Conduct a Member wishes to make a complaint against another Member of the Society, he should do so in writing to the Executive Council. If the Executive Council is of the opinion that prima-facie case of infringement of the Code of Conduct has been established it will appoint a Committee for investigation. On the basis of the report of the Committee, the Executive Council will take a final decision on the matter.
LIST OF OFFICE BEARERS
RIT-ISTE Faculty Chapter
Faculty Chairman: Dr.L.Ganesan, Principal
Faculty Vice Chairman: Dr.S.Rajakarunakaran, Professor/Mechanical
Faculty Secretary: Dr.S.Kannan, Professor/EEE
Faculty Coordinator: Dr.B.Deepa Lakshmi, ASP/ECE
LIST OF OFFICE BEARERS
RIT-ISTE Student Chapter
|Mr.M.Surya, III Year CSE
Mr. Siranjeevi, III Year Mech.
|Ms.Muthurani, III Year CSE
| Mr.Muthukumar V, III Year Civil,
Ms.Meenaa Bharathi S, II Year Civil
Mr.SuryaKumar S II Year CSE
Mr.Sukin M III Year CSE
Mr.Balasaraswathi S IV Year CSE
Mr.Gnana Prakash P, III Year EEE
Ms.Rohini M,II year EEE
Mr.S.Srikarthick, IV Year ECE
Ms.S.G.Udhaya, III Year ECE
Mr.B.Madhav, II Year ECE
Mr.Surya prasad.S, III Year Mech.
Mr.Asim Ahmed.I, III Year Mech.
Mr.Boothalingam Pillai, III Year Mech.
Mr.Karthick @ Siva, IV Year Mech.
Events Organised during 2021-2022
Events Organised during 2020-2021
- RIT-ISTE Student Chapter has been sponsored fund for TEAM SPIRTZ for participating in Mega ATV championship 2018 organised by Auto Sports, India.
- RIT-ISTE Student Chapter has been sponsored fund for RIT-PHOENIX for participating in Electric Solar Vehicle Championship 2018 organised by Imperial Society of Innovative Engineers.
- RIT-ISTE Student Chapter has been sponsored fund for RIT-PHOENIX for participating in Electric Solar Vehicle Championship 2017 organised by Imperial Society of Innovative Engineers.
Faculty Professional Development Program on Python Programming
Ramco Institute of Technology, Department of Computer Science and Engineering in association with IE(I) CSE and ISTE Faculty Chapter organized Faculty Professional Development Program on Python Programming for Faculty members of Civil, EEE, ECE and Mechanical department from 05.06.2020 to 19.06.2020. 39 faculty members (Civil-3, ECE-17, EEE-10,Mechanial-9) were attended the programme. Faculty members were taught Python Programming with modern pedagogic techniques like Quizzes, Videos, hand-on-session which helped them to understand the concepts very clearly and also enjoyed the learning. The program were handled and coordinated by the internal faculty members of CSE department under the guidance of Dr.K.Vijayalakshmi, Professor & Head/CSE.
Ramco Institute of Technology in association with RIT ISTE Faculty and Student Chapter and Institutions Innovation Council organized a two-day workshop on LaTeX Document Preparation Language during 24.01.2020-25.01.2020. Fifty students and faculty members in and around Tamil Nadu has participated in this event. Dr.K.Vijayalakshmi, HoD/CSE welcomed the gathering. Mr.S.Valai Ganesh, Assistant Professor/Mechanical Engineering and his team handled the sessions.
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) Student Forum has organized the technical event ELEC-FREAKZ on 31.08.2019 for all departments of II, III & IV year Students. 14 teams were participated in the event and finally 2 teams (8 students) were selected as the winners. The Event Co-ordinators are Mr.P.Venkatesh AP/ECE and Mr.D.Lakshmanan, AP/CSE.
RIT-ISTE Student Chapter conducted the event - "Thematic Presentation" for students of all departments on 19.08.2019. 22 students participated. Winners were awarded with certificate and cash prizes.
RIT-ISTE Student Chapter conducted the event - "Fun On" for students of all department on 20.08.2019. 43 students participated. Winners were awarded with certificate and cash prizes.
- RIT-ISTE Student Chapter conducted a special lecture on Holistic handling of employees on 31.08.17. Dr.R.V.Mahendra Gowda, Principal, RIT, delivered lecture on holistic way of handling employees in work place.
- RIT-ISTE Student Chapter conducted a workshop on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) awareness for Third and Final year students on 28.01.17. Mr.Thiyagaraja Gupta, Assistant Controller of Patents and Design, Patent Office, Chennai delivered a lecture on importance of patent filling for professional students.
- RIT-ISTE Student Chapter organised the ISTE-Chapter Level Srinivasa Ramanujan Mathematical Competition 2015-2016. 41 students were participated and two of them qualified for Zone level competition which was held at Kongu Engineering College, Erode.
- RIT-ISTE organised a special lecture on conceptual design by Dr.Raghu.V.Prakash, Professor, IIT Madras on 20.02.2015.
- RIT-ISTE Student Chapter organised the ISTE-Chapter Level Srinivasa Ramanujan Mathematical Competition 2014-2015. 45 students were participated and five of them qualified for Zone level competition which was held at MEPCO Engineering College, Sivakasi. Ms.S.Deepika won II Place in Zone level competition.