The Institution of Engineers (India)-Student Chapter EEE
The Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI] is a statutory body to promote and advance the engineering and technology, established in 1920 and incorporated by Royal Charter in 1935. It is the largest multi-disciplinary professional body of engineers encompassing 15 (fifteen) engineering disciplines with a membership of more than 820 thousand, and serving the nation for more than 9 decades.
IEI holds the International Professional Engineers (IntPE) Register for India under the global International Professional Engineers Alliance (IntPEA). The Institution also wards the Professional Engineers (PE) Certification.
Our Institute has joined as an Institutional member of Institution of Engineers (India) in the year 2014. We also have a dedicated student chapter for Mechanical Engineering Department. Through which various events like Designing Contests, e-Machining, Workshops, Seminars and Technical Talks has been organized.
The benefits of becoming a student member are as follows
- Student members will be given preference in release of grants for their final year project/ thesis work.
- Participation of various technical activities of the students chapter.
- Participation of all India technical or students convention.
- Opportunity to gain and update knowledge and experience and access information in a variety of engineering and technology disciplines through participation in seminars, symposium, conventions, workshops etc., at national and regional levels.
- Access to library facilities at 110 state/local centres of institution across the country.
- Opportunity to meet fellow engineers for professional interaction.
- Reimbursement of travelling expenses to student selected for presentation of technical paper in technical convention.
- Journals of IE(I) are available in soft copy through web and hard copy on concessional rate.
- Freedom to choose 15 journals from 15 engineering disciplines.
Totally 90 students from III year and IV year are the members of IE(I)-Students Chapter.
The Nominee members of the IE(I) are:
1. Dr.S. Kannan, Advisor-IE(I) students chapter, Professor & Head-EEE
2. Mr. S. Viignesh, Assistant Professor-EEE
Events organized during 2017-2018
IE Student Chapter Guest Lecture on Electrical Safety - 19 January 2018
A Guest Lecture on Electrical Safety was delivered by Mr. S. Narayanan, Safety Engineer, Larsen & Toubro, Gujarat on 19.01.2018 in the EEE seminar hall for III year EEE students. He explained in detail about fire and safety in Industry. He also discussed the role and importance of safety engineers. He insisted the students to undergo diploma courses in safety like NEBOSH and diploma in fire and safety.
Guest lecture on “Electrical Safety”
IE Student Chapter Guest Lecture on Employability Skills for Industry - 19 February 2018
A Guest Lecture on Employability Skills for Industry was delivered by Mr.R.Prabhu, Safety Engineer, Larsen & Toubro, Gujarat on 19.02.2018 in the PSS Laboratory for III & IV year EEE students. He spoke about the various fields of opportunities in new area. He spoke about the recent trends such as Internet of Things, etc. He advised the students to do project in smart grid and also on Internet application such as smart healthcare, smart retail, smart irrigation, smart traffic system, smart home.
Guest lecture on “Employability Skills for Industry”
IE Student Chapter conducted an event on Line Follower – 08th April 2018
An event on “Line Follower” for I, II and III year EEE students on 08.04.2018. The objective of the contest was, for a robot to follow a black line on a white background, without losing the line. The robot has to complete the course in a shortest period of time from start to finish. 19 teams from I, II and III year EEE participated in this event. Based on the rules and regulations, the event was conducted and prizes were announced. I prize, II prize and III prize was shared by a team of members from III year EEE.