RIT Library is located in the first floor of Main Block and it is spread over 404 sq.m. The Library has a good collection of books covering various branches of Engineering, Humanities & Science and other books related to Competitive Examinations. The Library has Acquisition Section, Technical Section, Circulation Section, Reference Section, Periodical Section and Digital Library Section. The Air-conditioned Reading Hall of Library can accommodate around 120 members at time.
AIR–CONDITIONED READING HALL
Library is fully automated with Modernlib software and barcode technologies, used for circulation section and stack maintenance, etc. The software contains various modules such as Enquiry, Circulation, Administration, etc. An OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) has been created and a terminal is provided to facilitate accessing the library resources.
CIRCULATION COUNTER / OPAC / E-GATE REGISTER
- The Digital Library has 1200 NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) Videos in various branches of Engineering and Basic Sciences.
- The Digital Library also has a collection of 436 CD-ROMs and 11 multimedia systems provided with internet connections. Internet connection is available to the students and faculty members for accessing digital collections, such as e-books, e-journals, etc.
- Central Manufacturing Technology Institute
- Indian Society of Technical Education
- The Institution of Engineers
- CSI Communication
- DELNET (Developing Library Network)
|2||Computer Science and Engineering||487||2177|
|3||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||442||1867|
|4||Electronics and Communication Engineering||620||2928|
|6||Humanities & Science||679||2397|
|2||Computer Science Engineering||10|
|3||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||10|
|4||Electronics and Communication Engineering||11|
|6||Humanities & Science||4|
Magazines - 42 Magazines
Newspapers - 8 Dailies
INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS (e-journals)
Name of the Package
|1||IEEE- All Society Periodicals (ASPP) 179 Journals||http://ieeexplore.ieee.org|
|2||Springer (Electrical and Electronics and Computer Science and Engineering 149 Titles||www.springerlink.com|
|3||ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineering) 27 Journals||www.asmedigitalcollection.asme.org|
|4||ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineering) 35 Journals||http://ascelibrary.org|
|5||McGraw Hill Access(General Engineering and Reference) 380 Titles||http://2.accessengineeringlibrary.com|
|6||Elsevier (Science Direct) Engineering + Computer Science 275 Journals||www.sciencedirect.com|
|7||J-Gate (J-Gate Engineering and Technology)||www.jgateplus.com|
|8||ASTM Digital Library||www.enterprise.astm.org/|
|9||DELNET(Developing Library Network)||184.108.40.206|
|10|| Infotrac Engineering, Science & |
534 Full Text e-journals
|11|| National Digital Library (NDL) |
- Circulation Services (Issue, Return, Renewal, Reservations, Reminders)
- Reference Services (Encyclopedia, Dictionary, Project Reports, University Question Papers, Manuals, Year Books)
- Current Resources Awareness Service
- Scanning and Printing
- Reprographic Services
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Complete silence is to be observed in the Library.
- Always wear your ID card and maintain proper dress code while entering the Library.
- Keep your personal belongings like bag, files, personal books, note books etc., at the property counter.
- Users must scan their ID card in the system at the entrance during entry as well as out.
- Avoid using mobile inside in Library.
- Eatable items are not allowed inside the Library.
- Users should leave the Books / Journals on the Tables after reading.
- Don’t move any furniture from its respective place
- Avoid scribbling in the Library Books, Journals, other documents / Tables in any form including marking underlining as it is considered as violation of Library rules and will lead to initiate disciplinary action.
- Bring your Library ID cards for borrowing library books. Do not use other’s ID cards for borrowing books.
- Reference books are exclusively for reference purpose only within the library and will not be issued outside.
- Get assistance from the library staff whenever you require.
- Any clarification required about any of the above rules and regulations contact Librarian.
Monday-Saturday : 09.00 a.m. - 05.00 p.m.
Monday-Saturday : 09.30 a.m. - 04.30 p.m.
Digital Library Section
Monday-Saturday : 09.00 a.m. – 05.00 p.m.
Monday-Saturday : 09.00 a.m. - 05.00 p.m.
For any assistance / query, please feel free to contact Librarian.