EXPECT LECTURE / GUEST LECTURE
GUEST LECTURES ORGANISED
• A seminar on "Career opportunities in Defense services" was organized at Ramco Institute of Technology on 27.08.18, 2.30-5.00 PM by the RIT Career Guidance Cell. Dr.S.Kannan, Head of the department, Electrical and Electronics Engineering gave the welcome address.
• Captain V.Ram Kumar, Indian Army provided brief information about the martyrs and achievements of Indian Army during critical situations. He insisted the students about the qualifications and qualities required to join the armed services as an officer. An introduction about the SSB interview was also added. There were questions from students regarding the openings and life in Army, Captain V.Ram Kumar addressed their doubts and motivated them for a successful Defense Career. All the necessary arrangements were made by Dr.S.Rajakarunakaran, Vice-Principal and Mr.K.Amudhan, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering. The program concluded with vote of Thanks by Mr.K.Amudhan.
• A one day Guest Lecture on “Total Quality Management” was conducted by RIT Mechanizo to final year students on July 21, 2017. Mr.Sankarasubramanian, Vice Chairman and Mr. Marimuthu, Executive Member, Quality Circle forum of India Coimbatore were the resource person for this program.142 students from IV Year Mechanical Engineering students participated in this session.
• A Guest lecture was organized on July 29, 2017 by Department of Mechanical Engineering on “Thermodynamics and its application” for creating interest among students in thermal engineering field. The Resource person Dr.Sudhakar, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT, Trichy gave the guest lecture to 33 students of Second year mechanical Engineering department. The session held between 9.00 AM and 12.30 PM.
• He instigated the lecture with basic equations, governing mechanical engineering and delivered the concept of laws of thermodynamics with lively examples. The students were benefitted a lot as they gained a practical insight in thermodynamics. The following topics were covered in the Lecture. Application of Thermodynamics, Corollaries of II Law of Thermodynamics, Introduction to III Law of Thermodynamics, High grade and low grade energy and Heat engine, heat pump and refrigerator.
• A one day Guest Lecture on “ME6302 Manufacturing Technology I” was organised by RIT Mechanizo on August 26, 2017. Dr.K.Devakumaran, Deputy Manager, Welding Research Institute, B.H.E.L, Trichy was the resource person for this lecture. 123 students from II Year Mechanical Engineering was participated in this lecture session.
• Guest lecture on ‘Thermodynamic cycles and its applications’ was organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering to provide knowledge to the students about the working of different types of thermodynamic cycles. The guest lecture was planned for the subject “ME6404 Thermal Engineering” on February 17, 2018 (AN) delivered by Dr.P.Karthikeyan, Professor, Department of Automobile Engineering, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore. The guest lecture was organized by RIT-MECHANIZO (Association of Mechanical Engineering) in our college premises in civil seminar hall of Civil Engineering Department. The guest lecture was attended by II year Mechanical Engineering students (Total nos.-124 students). The students learned the working of different thermodynamic cycles involved in conversion of heat into work and its practical application with examples. The students shown keen interest in this guest lecturer and were benefited with a clear understanding of thermodynamic cycles in Thermal Engineering. The following topics are learned by the students- Otto cycle, Diesel cycle, Dual cycle, Brayton cycle, Rankine cycle, Refrigeration cycle and Comparison of different cycle
• Guest lecture on ‘Hydrogen in Automobiles Electric & Hybrid vehicles and Fuel cell’ was organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering to provide knowledge on advancements in automobile in the area of Electric and hybrid cars. The guest lecture was planned for the subject “ME6602 Automobile Engineering” on February 17, 2018 (Saturday) delivered by Dr.P.Karthikeyan, Professor Department of Automobile Engineering, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore. The guest lecture was conducted by RIT-MECHANIZO (Association of Mechanical Engineering) in our college premises in Mechanical seminar hall of Mechanical Engineering Department. The guest lecture was attended by III year Mechanical Engineering students (Total nos.-143 students). The students learned introductory level fuel cells and innovations, challenges and issues on fuel technology for automotive applications, hydrogen usage in automobiles, Electric and Hybrid vehicles. The students shown keen interest in this guest lecture and were benefited with a clear understanding advancement in automobile industries.
• The Guest Lecture was conducted for the course of “ME6603 Finite Element Analysis” for VI Semester B.E Mechanical Engineering Students on February 17, 2018 at 9.30 A.M to 12.30 P.M. on the topic “Finite Element Analysis on Two Dimensional Elements” by the expert Dr.S.Shankar, M.E., Ph.D (IIT Madras), Department of Mechatronics, Kongu Engineering College, Erode. The Key Note Topics covered in this lecture are Basics of FEA, 1D Element Shape function, Solution Technique, Matrix formulation and Application of FEA in Biomedical field.
• A Guest Lecture on ME6401 Kinematics of Machinery was organized on February 20, 2017 to the II Year Mechanical Engineering Students. Dr.V.Sundareswaran, Former Professor, Department of Engineering Design, College of Engineering Guindy, Chennai was the resource function for this Program. He delivers some nutshell information regarding Corolis component of acceleration, Instantaneous center of velocity and Basics in Gear Trains to the students. During his lecture, he share his thirty year of experience in Kinematics and complete the session with his own Aathisoodi poem.
• A special lecture on Quality Engineering was organized on July 15, 2016 to the IV Year Mechanical Engineering Students. Mr.V.Srinivasan, Senior Associate Vice President, Madurai Operations, TAFE was the resource person for this function. He delivers some nutshell information about Six Sigma, Seven Gurus of TQM, Just In Time technology, 5S Technology to the students. During his lecture, he congrats the students for implementing 5S technology in Metrology laboratory and apply the same to the other laboratories to get the best industrial practice.
• A Guest lecture on “Kinematics of Machinery” was given by Prof. N.S.Parthasarathy, Former. Director, Centre for Research, Anna University, Chennai was the resource person for this lecture. This lecture is conducted to II year Mechanical Engineering students on 08.04.2016-09.04.2016.
• A Guest lecture on “Finite Element Analysis-Two Dimensional Vector Variable Problems” wasgiven Dr. S.Shankar, Associate Professor, Dept. of Mechatronics, Kongu Engineeringcollege, Perundurai on 26.03.2016. He gave a brief about the basics of finite element analysis and also he thought the students how they have to approach problems in easy manner. He also showed the students about his research areas. He explained the important of finite element analysis in the medical field by replacing the bones by Mechanical structure
• A Guest lecture on “Automobile Engineering—electric and hybrid vehicles and fuel cells” was given by Dr. P.Karthikeyan Associate Professor Dept. of Automobile Engineering, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore on 12.03.2016. He Explained about latest Alternative Fuels and working of hybrid vehicle and fuel cells. He also explained the process about the complete fuel cells.
• A Guest lecture on Engineering Graphics was conducted to all First year students during 12.11.2015-13.11.2015. Prof. N.S.Parthasarathy, Former. Director, Centre for Research, Anna University, Chennai was shared his knowledge on various concepts in Engineering graphics very effective manners for all First Year students.
• An Expert Lecture on, “Latest Trends in Manufacturing with Software Demonstration” was arranged on 21.02.2015. The experts invitedwere Mr.G.Ajitha Prabhu, Director, Mr.N.Mohanrahj, Technical Manager, Kriatec Services, Coimbatore. Mr.Ajitha Prabhu talked of the emerging trends that will impact 21st century manufacturing around the global. He also shared about the manufacturing sector.Mr .N. Mohanraj, The technical Head, explained and demonstrated the manufacturing simulation software with real time case studies.
• An Expert lecture was organized on 09.08.2014 at 11.00 a.m in our seminar hall. Dr.P.Rajesh kanna, professor/Department of mechanical engineering, Velammal College of Engineering and Technology,Madurai was theresource person.In his Lecture heovered topics such as Thermo dynamics , Heat and Mass Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning etc.