It was 1938 when reverberations of the Industrial Revolution had not yet reached the interiors of South India. Despite scarce capital and resources, Shri P.A.C. Ramaswamy Raja had setup the first Spinning Mill at Rajapalayam, which later became the focal point of the Ramco Group. His sharp focus on technology and quality has inspired a generation of entrepreneurs and formed the basis for the collective vision of the Group.
Today, under the stewardship of the current Chairman Shri P.R. Ramasubrahmaneya Rajha, son of Shri P.A.C. Ramaswamy Raja, the Ramco Group has expanded into a USD 1 Billion industrial conglomerate with interests spanning cotton and synthetic yarn, cement, building products, software solutions, wind-energy, education and more. The Group has become one of the most reputed business houses in India and has achieved international recognition for its quality products and services.
The newly started Engineering College Ramco Institute of Technology is fully supported by the Ramco group to create quality Engineers for future needs. .